How to use the TouchDAW (Android) App to control the MIDI Goggles:
- When TouchDAW opens, it looks something like this:
- To open the "Tool box" of TouchDAW, click the "Tripple Dots" bottom right corner.
- from here, you can switch to the X/Y pads or to the Setup menue.
Setting up the USB (OTG) MIDI interface :
- TouchDAW is using 2 separate MIDI interfaces.
- One, that seems to be getting in the way sometimes (DAW Controller ... we don't need)
- and another one for the "MIDI utilities" which is the one we want (!)
- First, we need to send the "DAW Controller" interface "into the woods"
- and then we will setup our USB OTG interface for the MIDI Goggles.
- Select the "DAW Controller" menue and somehow convince TouchDAW to ...
... NOT use the USB MIDI interface for the "DAW Controller" !
- You may have to do this with the MIDI Goggles "un-plugged"
- Then go to the "MIDI Utilities" menue to continue your setup.
- The MIDI Goggles need to be "plugged IN" for this to succeede.
- When you have the MIDI Goggles showing up as in the picture below,
... then you are ready to move to the next step.
- Enter the "XY-Controllers / Launchpads" menue to continue ...
- and setup the X/Y Pads (2 XY controller pads) as shown below.
- Then enter the "MIDI assignments" menue ...
- and setup midi channel number and CC for the LHS and RHS as shown below.
- scroll down a bit ...
- Now, open the tool box again ...
- and select "XY-pads" to control your MIDI Goggles ... with your THUMBS !
and congratulations, well done.